Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Attack Of The Books!

So I just realized that I have a pile of around 7-8 books to read that I am anxious to get to. On top of that, I just ordered another one from Amazon that I have been wanting to read for a while now. So.... this now begs the question: why do I still watch TV when I get home instead of reading these? I guess it's that I'm ADD and that i can flip through channels during commercials and it would be very hard to flip back and forth between books after each chapter. Needless to say, I have started reading at least two of them and hope to get through most of the pile sometime during the Holidays (ya right). So to help me out, if you have read any of my book pile listed below, let me know if it is good and I should jump on it now or if it's a stinker and should put it in the permanent "to read" pile.
List 'O Books:
Hidden in Plain Site : by Mark Buchanan
UnChristian : by David Kinnaman
The Ragamuffin Gospel : Brennan Manning (no I've never read it even though it's been around forever)
An Emergent Manifesto of Hope : Various Authors (trying to get more insight on the emergent church and where it stands)
Contemplative Youth Ministry : by Mark Yaconelli (already started this one, after owning it for a year)
Holy Wild : Mark Buchanan
Sex God : by Rob Bell (my autographed copy)
2gether 4ever: Notes of a Jr. High heartthrob : by Dene Larson (just ordered this one)

No comments: