Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I have a dream

Last week I was in my office and decided to play Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech, which is on my ipod. I just sat and listened. I have to tell you that I love listening to this speech. Every once in a while I will just turn it on and listen to get myself motivated for whatever I am doing. There is something about it that just excites and spurs you to get active. For the time in history in which it was given, what a phenomenal speech! I can't imagine what it was like to be an African American going through those times, but to hear the hope that was spoken from Dr. King must have been flat out life changing. Anyway, if you haven't heard it in a long time or ever, you can listen to it here. With it being black history month, it's a great reminder of what this country has come from. Also, as someone who speaks to people on a regular basis, it is a great motivator for me to do my best each time I have the opportunity for people/students to listen to me.

No comments: