Monday, February 11, 2008

Wisconsin Freeze

I just got back home last night from speaking at a Jr. High winter camp in Wisconsin. It was a great weekend. The camp was held at Expeditions Unlimited in Baraboo. They did a great job hosting and there was lots to do. Playing broomball on an outdoor ice rink while it was snowing was awesome. The worship was lead by Chris Beery from Fresno, CA. and he did a great job of leading the students into worship while still rockin out too. Anyway, the final day was tough though. A cold front came through and it dropped to -11 degrees and a wind chill of around -30. And this was during the day with the sun out! Unbelievable!. I had never experienced cold like that and it was crazy. I truly thought my nose was going to fall off and I was only outside for a few minutes. It's fun to see other students other than the ones you normaly minister to worship and grow in God at a weekend like this. I pray they keep their desire to grow now that they are home. Now it's time to gear up for our snow camp this weekend. I can't wait!

No comments: