Sunday, March 30, 2008

I love soccer (or football for my Euro friends)!

Last night Jonathan and I went to the home opener of the Colorado Rapids pro soccer season. They played the L.A. Galaxy who has David Beckham & Landon Donavan. It was a sold out standing room only game with over 18,500 people there. We had tickets right where the players come out of the lockers room and it was awesome getting autographs and high fives. Beckham wouldn't give me an autograph, but it was cool just being a couple feet from him as he came out and back in. I got a chance to meet and talk to Alexi Lalas (former team USA defender and MLS player, now L.A. Galaxy G.M) while he was waiting near the entrance to the field. Very cool dude! The game was intense with two red cards being issued, a penalty kick awarded to Colorado right in front of us and a near fight/scuffle at the end of the game. I have to admit that I still can't understand how people can say soccer is not exciting, last night was crazy!!Beck's makes a cross pass in front of us...The fun begins with the first yellow card of the night...Alexi Lalas in his playing days...

No comments: