Saturday, June 28, 2008

Got my $5 wrist watch...

So, it's that time of year again. Time for our summer youth trip. This year we are going back to a great camp in Kansas called Youth Front South. I have worked with Youth Front for years and I was even on summer staff back in the *cough* early *cough* nineties. In fact it is at this same camp that I met my unbelievably awesome wife Chrissy. (hopefully the students don't take my lead and go to find the love of their life) One of my friends Ray Zuercher is the "big cheese" at the camp and I can't wait to see him again. He has been someone I look up to in ministry for a long time. The week should be great, and I am all packed. In fact, I have kept up my yearly tradition and went to Wal-Mart and bought a $5 wrist watch. Every year I get a $5 watch to wear for our trip because by the end of the trip it's usually destroyed. I got my watch on and ready to go. I can't wait to see what God has in plan for our students.

2 comments:

Ray & Janell said...

dude ... the "big cheese" is mike king. i am but your humble servant. it has been a joy to be here watching you and your kids (they are great by the way) enjoy all that youthfront camps have to offer them.

Ray & Janell said...

oh ... and a $30 ironman will last you at least three years and you can count on it to always be accurate.