Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pot Pourri

- My daughters made me cards for Father's Day and they were great. At lunch today, Daphne (our 4 year old) prayed for the meal. She thanked God for the food and for father's day and for the cupcakes she got me to be yummy...

- Today in town I saw a Harley driven by a woman and the man on the back. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Just weird.

- Last night Chrissy and I went to a movie theater we had never been to. So, when we got in the theater, Chrissy had us sit in 6 different spots until she found the seats she liked the best. We were going to see the new Adam Sandler movie "Don't mess with the Zohan", but it was so utterly stupid and nasty, we left 15 minutes into it and slipped into "Kung Fu Panda". It was a great movie!

- I wanted the Celtics to win the championship tonight, but I guess I'll have to wait one more game...

- I'm wanting to bicycle more, but my mountain bike is just so heavy for long rides. So, I'm looking for a cheap road bike, but finding the words "cheap" and "road bike" don't go together.

- Today as a tie breaker for a game in our middle school group, I had students guess how much weight I've lost since I started my diet. One answered 6 pounds and the other 7 pounds. I've actually lost 26 pounds, so I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not.

No comments: