Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The good news and the bad news...

The good sports story this week:
So I watched the home run derby the other night and was blown away by Josh Hamilton in the first round. He hit 28 home runs and each swing seamed to produce a 500 foot bomb. IT was awesome. The fact that he has come back from drug and alcohol addiction to a life with Christ and an all-star baseball career is a great witness. Another great thing was that in the all-star game last night at Yankees Stadium, a Red Sox player (J.D. Drew) got MVP. I love it!
The bad sports story this week:
So I have been a Nuggets fan for a while now, and loved it when George Carl came on as coach and they started winning, but I think I'm starting to jump of the Nuggets boat. Today was the angriest I've been at the nuggets. They went and lost Eduardo Najera last week, but today they traded their best defensive player,Marcus Camby, to the L.A. Clippers. For what? Another great player? No, an option for a future second round draft pick. What is that? It's obvious they just wanted to dump payroll space, but Camby? He's awesome! Now the Nuggs are going to be even worse defensively next year. Needless to say, I'm looking for a new NBA team to cheer for. Any ideas of who that should be?

1 comment:

Luther said...

I can't believe you have to actually think about it or ask for suggestions. You're already in my camp with the Red Sox, so why not adopt the Jazz as your favorite NBA team?