Friday, July 11, 2008

Pot Pourri

- This Sunday I get to speak to a congregation of African immigrants that has recently started an new service at our church. They want me to bring a message of "hope" to them. I am looking forward to it even though they speak French and the only thing I know how to say in French is "Where is the bathroom".

- I recently realized a sign of the times when we got back from camp. Instead of writing out thank you notes to all the leaders that went with us, I saved the paper and texted my thanks to them. Felt a little weird but worked good.

- After a year of having a dog, my wife has finally admitted that she is growing fond of it. Wow, that's a big step for her!

- I signed up for Facebook and already have a ton of friends, even though I have no idea what I'm doing. I've been a MySpace guy until now. Who knows, maybe I'll start a twitter page next...

- I thought about getting a Red Sox hat with the all-star patch, but something about it having an outline of Yankee stadium in the logo makes me sick.

- The show "Wipeout" is great! Watch it!

No comments: