Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Pot Pourri

- Tonight is our first regular Tuesday night service with our middle school group for the year. I'm very excited about the students we have and the leaders that are joining us!

- With the Olympics over, I almost don't know what to do at nights without watching 4 hours of events.

- So far I have lost around 35 pounds on my diet. I went into a store yesterday to buy a golf shirt, and for the first time in a long time a size XL was too big. I had to go with a Large. Weird!

- We have a great group of leaders for our middle school group this year, now my challenge is to not be a bonehead and to really encourage them often so we don't lose any through out the year.

- It looks like the Red Sox are going to get the wild card spot (hopefully) but I am a little distracted from baseball right now with the start of the NFL season.

- The Democratic National Convention is in town and it's like a circus all over the city. Let's just put it this way, I won't be going downtown this week.

- Chuck Norris fact of the day: "Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the mouth, it's decendents are now known as giraffes."

No comments: