Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pot Pourri

- I was a big Steelers fan growing up, but I am really pulling for the Arizona Cardinals to win the Super Bowl this weekend. I guess it goes back to always rooting for the under dog.

- Facebook! is it just me or does it seem everyone in the world has discovered facebook in the last month and sent out friend requests. I have been getting around 2-3 requests a day. And I can never remember just by their name what stage of life I know them from until I either look at their picture or see who our common friends are.

- I am currently going back through some of the chapters in the book Simple Church. Man, what a great book! I think it should be a must read for any church leader.

- Does the downward economy loom in the back of your mind like a dark cloud like it has been in mine? I wonder how much further down it will go.

- My daughter Emma is watching me write this blog post... I still can't believe how much she has grown in the past few years. (She just reminded me that in 3 years she'll be in the middle school youth group!)

- Today, after watching a sermon online, I was reminded how much of a blessing it is to be in God's service. May I never lose sight of what an honor it is.

- I am really craving a double-double cheeseburger from In-N-Out right now!!!

2 comments:

Special K said...

Yo bro...my kids are growing up too fast too! And I'm craving a burger from In-and-Out too! Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Fyi, too all craving IN and OUT there is now one open in St George UT.