Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things that bother me

OK, I follow a few fellow youth ministry blogs pretty regularly (marko & Kurt Johnston) and have seen this as a common post lately. So, as I am prone to give in to peer pressure, I have decided to follow their lead and voice a few frustrations. Enjoy!

The iPhone only available with AT&T

As a Verizon customer, I just want the opportunity to be the cool kid in class. I'm not saying I could afford it, but at least give me the chance. (although I have heard from an insider (a friend that works at an apple store) that the iPhone is coming to Verizon this summer...)
This whole time travel thing on "Lost"
It was cool the first time it happened but now that it seems the island "moves" in time 50 times an episode, it's getting confusing and old.
Hard-core right wingers and hard-core left wingers
As someone that tries to have an open mind and look at things from a Christian world view, it is hard for me to see how a person can be so hard-core right or left that they leave no room for discussion on anything. Rush Limbaugh isn't God and neither is Al Franken. So let's stop treating their every word like it's Gospel.
Getting old
We have a break dancing club that meets in our youth room at church every day. Yesterday as I went in to say hi to them, I thought to myself "I can do that". Well I can't and am feeling the consequences today...
People who honk their horn behind you as soon as the light turns green
Seriously, you can't wait the half a second that it takes for me to notice that it turned green and for my brain to then relay that to my foot to push the gas pedal?!?
Drive-thru orders that get messed up
Why do I have to pay for the fact that you're intercom stinks and you couldn't hear me say "no onions". Now I have to park and come inside to get it fixed, thus eliminating the convenience of using a drive-thru.
The Yankees
Go Red Sox! Enough said.
Pam and Jim are not married yet
You have a house (Jim's parent's old house) and you're engaged. Get married already! (If you don't watch the office, you won't understand)

No comments: