Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another sign I'm getting old

So I got yet another reality check that my daughters are getting older which means I am too. Yesterday I was driving to a volleyball game with my daughter and her friend Cora in the backseat. They had been playing around copying things I said. So, I waited a few minutes and thought I would be the awesomely funny dad I usually am and begin copying them. I waited until I heard Emma say something and I began my great idea of a comedy routine by copying her every word and expression. Pure comedy genius! But I didn't quite get the response I expected. Instead of spontaneous laughing and things like "Dad, you're the best dad ever!"... I got "Dad, that's annoying! Can you stop? We have some BFF talking to do." I didn't say a word the rest of the ride...

1 comment:

The Howells said...

Good thing you stoped copying, who knows what you may have been forced to say. You don't strike me as a "girl talk" kind of guy.