Thursday, June 18, 2009

Runnin To Daddy

In the last 4 weeks since my last post, a lot has happened. I have said goodbye to some great friends, moved across the country, started a new job, and probably the hardest thing- been away from my wife and three daughters for 3 weeks. Fortunately, the torture of being away from my girls ended yesterday. Around 3:30 in the afternoon I got the call I had been waiting for. My wife called me at the office to let me know they were almost to our house and to leave to meet them. I rushed home to pull up to our front door seconds before them. As they pulled up and I stood on the sidewalk looking at their van in front of me, I could hear my daughters yelling "Daddy!" and then I saw something that touched me. They were all climbing over everything in the van and each other to be get out as fast as they could to run to me and give me hugs and kisses. It was awesome! I love my girls! Later last night, as I thought of that scene again in my mind, I wandered to myself if I have that desire to be with my heavenly father as much as my girls wanted to be with me. Do I run to God stepping over whatever obstacles are in my way just to be with Him? I pray I have such a love for God that I don't let anything stand in my way and run to him with a big smile on my face knowing He is waiting for me. Waiting to give me great big hugs and all the love I can handle.

1 comment:

The Howells said...

well, I din't think that you could make me cry, but that post just about did it. So glad you are all back together and getting setteled in.