Monday, August 03, 2009

Pot Pourri

- Is it just me or does it seem like fall is creeping upon us like a speeding train? With a lot of new ideas and programs planned for the start of the fall, it means there's a lot to do in the next month.

-As much as I feel I should jump on the Redskins fan wagon, I will never replace the Chiefs as my favorite team. But the skins could end up being a good second.

-Parents... The other day someone asked me what the hardest thing about youth ministry is today. Before I could answer, another person said "probably parents". I pray that God lets our ministry change that stereotype. I pray parents know that our student ministries is here to partner with them in guiding their teens.

-The iPhone has got to be the best invention in the past 20 years. Period. (other than the Chipotle burrito)

-As of this post, the Red Sox are a half game back in the AL East behind the Stinkees... err I mean the Yankees. I hope they pull ahead soon and don't look back!

-We've been doing a sreies in the student ministries called "Get to the point- A look at the parables of Jesus". This week I'm teaching on the parable of the two builders. Man, I love this parable. I can't wait!

-There are two new albums coming out in the next month or so that I think I'm going to have to preorder. David Crowder's Church Music & Switchfoot's Hello Hurricane .

- My verse/prayer for August: "My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. - Psalm 145:21"

No comments: