Monday, September 28, 2009

Quick Youth Ministry Thought

The other day I was talking with a friend about youth ministry when it occurred to me that it has been 17 years since I gave my first message in a youth group. I still remember that night very well, and even the lesson I taught. I remember in those early days of being involved in youth ministry thinking that my messages would change students lives. While I still feel blessed that God gives me 20-30 minutes a week to share His word with students, I learned a long time ago that what I say in a message to students is really a drop in the bucket when compared to what I do with students. I firmly believe that there is nothing more impactful in youth ministry than a caring leader making a personal connection with a student. That is why I am so excited about the leaders we have in our high school Fusion (small) groups this year. Each one shows a strong desire to connect and care for the students they have. I'm excited to see what happens and I feel great things coming!

No comments: