Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pot Pourri

-We went and saw the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" yesterday with our daughters. I will admit that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but the chipmunks' voices got old about 5 minutes in.

- I had the opportunity to speak in our main service today. I had a blast, but I didn't realize how much it takes to produce a service for a church of 3000 people before. Our worship department rocks!

-I haven't had the itch to play golf as bad as I have the past month or so. If it doesn't warm up and get rid of the snow, I might just have to buy some orange golf balls and play in my snow boots.

-I've been thinking a lot about the direction for our student ministries department for the new year. I have a feeling God has big things in store for us, because I have been hit with a lot of discouraging things by Satan lately.

- I was talking with a friend of mine the other day and literally forgot how old I am. I guess with my birthday coming a few days, I better figure it out.

- I just started playing "Words with friends" on my iPhone. If you wanna play, my username is pastordust.

- KU Jayhawks still ranked #1 in the nation. How long will this ride go? Hopefully all the way!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I enjoyed hearing you preach Sunday!

God did indeed speak through you. I've always LOVED the story of the bleeding woman..that she knew all she needed to do was touch Jesus hem and be healed - AWESOME! But I never "got" WHY Jesus said, "Who touched me?" until your sermon.

After her healing, He was concerned she'd just fall back into the crowd and not come forward. That moment this past Sunday, was a tender hug from God - thank you brother for being a faithful messenger! (And, for returning Grandma's gems!) :-)